Saturday 22 January 2011

Research - Marja Leena Pelho (Digital Manipulation Artist)

Other than taking the photographs for my project this is one of my favourite parts of this assignment purely because I look digital manipulation. After taking a good look at all of the digital manipulation artists I have decided to research an artist called Marja- Leena Pelho. I have decided to research this artist because her work has such a unique style. Ny this I mean she will take a photograph and then completely change it into something else with a very unique artistic style.

Marja- Leena is also interested in constructing aswell as her photography work but her photography and digital manipulation is her prime subject. She has won many awards for her work and her work really does inspire me to learn how to create such amazing images.



GuaranE
This was one of the images that caught my eye when I was looking through Maja- Leena's work. The final product consits of two images combined together using a piece of digital manipulation software to create a giant bottle like effect dropped into a forest type area. This image is truely fasinating because she has managed to create the image perfectly making it look like it has been dropped from the heavens. What I like the most about this image is how simple but effective it is. All you have to do for this image is get the two images and over lay them onto each other and then give them a nice touch up to make them blend together but it gives an amazing effect. This image is obviously an advertisment to say that this Cider is Cider from the heavens.


Head3_b
This is my second image that I took particular interest to. This is image in one word is spectacular. It is very heavily edited and looks amazing. From just a single portrait image she has managed to create such a desiring effect whoch must have been very difficult to create. She has managed to take a portrat photograph edit the person in the photograph and insert them into another photograph aswell creating a wildlife type effect. Very artistic.



Dollar Tree
Ever heard of the saying "money grows on trees" well apparently it grows on leaves aswell now with this image. This is the third and final image that I have chosen for my research on this artist. It is proberbly one of my favourites. Again two images have been taken and then blended into one final product. She has managed to take a photograph of a dollar bill and a close-up photograph of a branch from a bush and actually blend the dollar bill onto the leaves to make it look like they are growing on them. This is amazing as she has made it look perfect and real.

Overall this artist has a very unique editing style to many other digital manipulation artists. Alot of her other work is so heavily manipulated it actually looks like she has drawn them herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment