Saturday 22 January 2011

Research - Alberto Seveso (Digital Manipulation Artist)

My next artist that I am going to be researching is also another digital manipulation artist. Alberto Seveso was born in Milan in 1978 and is a photo manipulation artist. He works on editing portraits of people and turning them in to weird and unreal but fascinating products of art. Alberto does alot of work for front cover magazines like mens health magazines etc. I will be choosing three of my favourite pieces of his work which inspire me and I will be writing about why I have chosen them.




This is the first picture that I found when looking at Alberto's work. This image is truely amazing with what he has done to it. This image looks like it has been taken from a front cover of a magazine. As you can see the original image would've been just a straight up portrait. As you can see Alberto's style of work is taking the portrait photograph and then designing his own artwork onto the portrait creating this amazing effect. On his chest it almost looks like a tatoo effect but when it moves up to the top of the head the editing gets a lot heavier and makes this image look amazing.


This is my second image that I have chosen for my research. This image is also very unique to anyone else digital manipulation work. As you can see again he would've taken an original portrait shot and he has really heavlily editied the original photograph using a piece of digital manipulation software. I would personally love to do this sort of work but it would take alot of practice. He has not only edited the shape of the origninal portrait but he has also added his own splatter like effect onto it aswell making it completely unique. Amazing.


Now, as you can see most of Alberto's work relate to a theme which is editing the persons face or body in a very unique and effective way. This third and final photograph which I have chosen is also an image which has been heavlily edited. Again, this was originally a portrait of someone which has been manipulated to create this awsome effect. This image was also probably used for a front cover of a magazine because it has that style to it.

Overall I feel that Alberto's work style is similar but they are all unique. Again I would love to create this masterpiece style of work as when the final products turn out like this they are truley rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment