Saturday 22 January 2011

Evaluation (Whole Assignment)

Everything is now completed for my assignment and I must say that I have learned quite alot about photography. Not only have I learned how to use a camera with manual settings but I have also learned how to manipulate images to make them look better or completely different. I have also learned what different types of lenses there are and what they do and I have also learned about what photographers are out there that inspire me and are similar to my work.

Overall I feel that I have done very well with all of the units. I have taken my time to make them as detailed as I can and feel that I have totally understood everything about it without being confused at all throughout the whole assignment. My photoshoot I feel went very well. I think the decision of splitting it up into two parts was the right decision as I managed to get the same area but with a completely different climate (Snow) which I was very lucky at getting. Because of the weather conditions changing very dramitcally I was able to take some brilliant photographs of the River when it is snowing which made the overall shot look completely different to what it would look like if it wasn't snowing. If I was to go at this task again I would probably explore down the River a bit more to get more of a variety of shots which could lead to more unique photographs espiecially if it was snowing again.

My photoshop task I feel also went very well. I was able to on board any information I was told about the piece of digital manipualtion software which I used and was able to use it with minimal questions asked. I also took time and went onto youtube to do my own research on using the software for more digital manipulation techniques which I then used for the task. If I was to go at this task again I would definetly do more research to create even more heavier manipulated images, because of what I have seen there is limitless possibilities available.

My research was one of the tasks that took me the longest. This isn't because I had to research ten Photographers it was because I wanted to choose photographers that really inspired me and because there are so many different types of photographers out there this lead me to taking more time picking the right photographer. But who I found whilst doing alot of research I was very pleased with as they now inspire me even more to continue with my photography work. I didn't struggle at all writing about them and I was able to choose pictures which inspire me. If I was to go at this task again I would probably take even more time looking even further for photographers that inspire me because there are alot more out there.

Overall I am very happy with this assignment on a whole. I feel that I have completely understood every part of it and I will be taking this knowledge even further to help me progress with my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment