Wednesday 6 October 2010

Composition

For this task I was given all the different types of composition in which I had to give examples of. There are many different types of composition, here are most of them:

* Balance of Colour
* Balance of Tone
* Line to Guide the Eye
* Frames Within Frames
* The Rule of Thirds
* Balance of Texture
* Patterns

For this task I had to go out and take pictures taking into account the different types of composition. Here are a few images I captured.


This was one of the best shots that I took for the task. It falls into the pattern category. I found a monument which had this design all over it so I zoomed right into the pattern on it.

This shot was a landscape shot that I took of the river. This shot falls into the rule of thirds and line elements.
This shot that I took was taken on a bridge over the River Trent. I took the picture using the framework of the bridge to make the picture fall into the Frames Within Frames composition. This shot didn't appear as i thought it would because the background ended up blurred when it wasn't supposed to be.
 Although this image appears to be very dark I tried to gain the Lines to Guide the Eye composition by having a pathway leading into the unknown. I think that if I was to take this shot again I would have the photograph a little bit brighter to see a little bit more where the pathway is leading.

These are a few of the pictures that i feel were the best ones to fall into the different types of composition. I will be adding more throughout the rest of this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment